UPSC after 12th
Congratulations on considering the UPSC exam! The UPSC exam is a highly competitive exam in India and requires a lot of dedication, hard work, and proper planning to clear. Here are some steps you can take to start preparing for the UPSC exam after completing your 12th standard:
- Familiarize yourself with the UPSC exam pattern and syllabus: The first step in preparing for the UPSC exam is to understand the exam pattern and syllabus. This will help you understand the structure and content of the exam and will also help you create a study plan.
- Choose a coaching institute or self-study: You can either choose to join a coaching institute or self-study for the UPSC exam. Coaching institutes provide structured classes and guidance, but they can be expensive. On the other hand, self-study allows you to study at your own pace and is a more cost-effective option, but it requires a lot of discipline and motivation. You can consider joining Eden IAS which is the best coaching institute offering the most sought-after foundation course for UPSC, called Lakshya.
- Start reading newspapers and current affairs: The UPSC exam tests your knowledge of current affairs and general knowledge. Therefore, it is important to start reading newspapers and staying updated on current affairs. You can also follow online platforms like The Hindu, Indian Express, and others to stay updated.
- Make a study schedule and stick to it: It is important to create a study schedule and stick to it to ensure that you cover all the topics in the syllabus. Make sure to allocate enough time for each subject and take breaks in between to avoid burnout.
- Practice previous year’s question papers: Solving previous year’s question papers is a great way to get an idea of the exam pattern and the types of questions that are asked. It also helps you understand your strengths and weaknesses and helps you improve your time management skills.
- Take mock tests: Mock tests are a great way to simulate the actual UPSC exam and help you identify your weaknesses. Make sure to take mock tests regularly and analyze your performance to identify areas that need improvement.
- Stay healthy and focused: It is important to take care of your physical and mental health while preparing for the UPSC exam. Make sure to get enough sleep, eat a healthy diet, and exercise regularly. Also, try to avoid distractions and stay focused on your studies.
In conclusion, preparing for the UPSC exam after 12th standard requires a lot of dedication, hard work, and proper planning. Familiarizing yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus, choosing a coaching institute or self-study option, staying updated on current affairs, creating a study schedule, practicing previous year’s question papers, taking mock tests, and taking care of your physical and mental health are some of the steps you can take to start preparing for the UPSC exam. It is important to stay motivated and focused while preparing for the UPSC exam and to remember that hard work and perseverance can help you achieve your goal of clearing the exam. With the right approach and determination, you can succeed in the UPSC exam and achieve your dream of becoming a civil servant. So, these are the steps that you should follow to start preparing for the UPSC exam after 12th.