Why in News?
E-Daakhil portal for Consumer grievance redressal is now operational in 15 States/UTs.
• The Consumer Protection Act, 2019, which has come into force from 20th July, 2020, has provision for e-filing of consumer complaints in the Consumer Commissions and online payment of the fees for filing a complaint.
• A web application for E-filing of consumer complaints named “edaakhil.nic.in” has been developed by NIC for the purpose
• The e-daakhil portal empowers the consumer and their advocates to file the consumer complaints along with payment of requisite fees online from anywhere for the redressal of their complaints.
• It also facilitates the consumer commissions to scrutinize the complaints online to accept, reject or forward the complaint to the concerned commission for further processing.
• To facilitate the rural consumers for e-filing, it has been decided to integrate the Common Service Centres (CSC) with the e-daakhil portal.
• E-filing was launched by National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission (NCDRC) on 7th September 2020.
o Delhi was the first state to implement it on 8th September 2020.
o Later Maharashtra, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Chandigarh, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Karnataka & Haryana implemented facility of e-filling in their respective States/UTs.