Syllabus section: internal security
Why in News?
India and France are to hold Ex-Desert Knight 21 exercise.
• It is a bilateral air exercise to be held between Indian Air Force and the French air and Space Force.
• The Ex-Desert Knight 21 is to be held in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
• Rafale Fighter Jets are to participate in the exercise.
• The main objective of the exercise is to provide operational exposure and share best practices.
The regular defense exercises held between India and France are as follows:
• Exercise Shakti is held between the Armies of India and France
• Exercise Varuna is held between Indian Navy and French Naval Forces
• Exercise Garuda is held between the Air Forces of the two countries
Source: Financial express