SOURCE – PIB
GS PAPER – 3
CONTEXT – In order to promote potential technology solutions for enhancing farm mechanization with special emphasis on women friendly equipments, a hackathon named “KRITAGYA” has been planned by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) under National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP).
- The ICAR commenced NAHEP, a Government of India and World Bank project, in November 2017 with the overall objective to support the National Agricultural Research and Education System in providing more relevant and better quality education to the students.
- Students, faculties and innovators/entrepreneurs from any university / technical institution across the country can apply and participate in the event in the form of a group.
- Participating students can collaborate with local start-ups, students from technology institutes, and can win Rs. 5 lakh, Rs 3 lakh and Rs. 1 lakh as first, second and third prize.
- development and promotion of women friendly equipments through innovative technology solutions and right collaborations with stakeholders would play an important role in enhancing the farm productivity and profitability
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare has also stressed upon the need of enhancing the innovation in farm mechanization in several meeting and provided the overall guidance in organizing this event.
ADVANTAGES OF THE EVENT –
- NAHEP told that this event will give an opportunity to the students, faculties, entrepreneurs, innovators and other stakeholders to showcase their innovative approaches and technology solutions to promote farm mechanization in India.
- The initiative undertaken by NAHEP along with Agricultural Engineering Division of ICAR will also help in enhancing the learning capabilities, innovations and disruptive solutions, employability and entrepreneurial drive in Farm Mechanization sector.
- Besides, the event will also help in taking forward the vision of high-quality higher education with equity and inclusion as envisaged in NEP-2020.