Syllabus section – Polity
Why in News?
Karnataka Government yesterday launched the Karnataka Learning Management System which would help students learn anytime and anywhere.
• It is based on digital technology for Government colleges.
• It will have a progressive impact on the teaching of about 24,000 teachers and the learning of about 4.5 Lakh students in the state, the faculty of the Department of Collegiate and Technical Education.
• There will be analytics with scope for ranking of students, teachers and colleges, student’s feedback, content rating and e-tracking of usage.
• This will also make ‘learning from anywhere’ possible during the pandemic.
Benefits of Learning Management System:
• Organizes eLearning content in one location.
• Provides unlimited access to eLearning materials.
• Easily tracks learner progress and performance.
• Reduces Learning and Development costs.
• Reduces Learning and Development time.
Source- News On AIR