Syllabus section: Economy
Why in news?
Inauguration of Livelihood Enterprise Development Programme on Bakery & Food Processing.
• It envisages conduct of livelihood promotion programmes in clusters.
• There is provision for intensive training for skill building, refresher training, backward-forward linkages and handholding & escort supports.
• It also encompasses the complete value chain and offers end-to-end solution to the SHG members.
• It is to be implemented on a project basis covering 15 to 30 SHGs in a cluster of contiguous villages where from SHG members may be selected.
• The skill upgradation training is provided in batches of 25-30 members and covers agri & allied activities as well as rural off-farm sector activities.
• LEDP will not only facilitate promotion of sustainable livelihoods but also derive full advantage from promotional assistance.
• NABARD will provide grant support for skill upgradation programmes, establishment of demonstration unit and need based critical infrastructure.
Source : PIB