Syllabus section: science and tech
Why in News?
Indian Prime Minister will interact with startups and address ‘Prarambh: Startup India International Summit’
Focus: Enhancing multilateral cooperation and engagement with countries from around the globe to collectively develop and strengthen the startup ecosystems.
• Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry organized it.
• The two-day Summit is being organised as a follow up of the announcement made by the Prime Minister at the fourth BIMSTEC Summit held in Kathmandu in August 2018 wherein India committed to host the BIMSTEC Startup Conclave.
• The Summit marks the 5th anniversary of the Startup India initiative, launched by the Prime Minister on 16 January, 2016.
• Over 25 countries and more than 200 global speakers shall participate.
• The Summit will be the largest startup confluence organised in India since the launch of the Startup India initiative.