SOURCE – THE HINDU
GS PAPER – 2
CONTEXT – The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and NITI Aayog will organize a summit on Artificial Intelligence (AI), RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020′ from October 5-9, 2020.
- RAISE 2020 will be a global meeting of minds to exchange ideas and chart a course for using AI for social transformation, inclusion and empowerment in areas like Healthcare, Agriculture, Education and Smart Mobility, among other sectors
- At the RAISE 2020 Summit, delegates and experts in research, policy and innovation on Artificial Intelligence will join from across the globe.
- The RAISE 2020 Summit will also feature some of the most exciting startups working in Artificial Intelligence-related fields.
- The Summit will explore in-depth, the role of AI in accelerating social empowerment.
- AI has the power to solve many societal challenges and be an enabler for inclusion, there is a need to promote and identify such innovative solution.
- The AI Solution Challenge will be organized in the following categories:
- AI solutions for Healthcare
- AI Solutions for Education
- AI Solutions for Agriculture
- AI Solutions for Natural Language Processing
- AI Solutions for Smart Mobility and Transportation