SOURCE – PIB
GS PAPER – 1 , 2 ,3
3rd Rashtriya Poshan Maah is being celebrated during the month of September 2020.
RASHTRIYA POSHAN MAAH :
- It is being celebrated under POSHAN ABHIYAN (PM’s overarching scheme for holistic nourishment.)
- To encourage Jan bhagidaari in order to create a Jan Andolan for addressing malnutrition amongst young children and women.
- To ensure health and nutrition for everyone.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development, being the nodal Ministry for POSHAN Abhiyaan, is celebrating the Poshan Maah in convergence with partner Ministries and departments, at National, States/UTs, Districts, and grass root level.
- Identification of Severely Acute Malnourished (SAM) Children and their management and plantation of Poshan Vaatikas– Nutri gardens, will be undertaken as focus activities during Poshan Maah, along with awareness generation regarding importance of early breast feeding, Need for good nutrition during first 1000 days of life, measures for reducing Anaemia in young women and children etc.