Why in News?
Recently, the Union Minister for Rural Development inaugurated Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021 at Noida Haat.
• It is a program to transform rural India in general and the lives of rural women in particular.
• During the Mela, workshops on product packaging and design, communication skills, social media publicity, and Business to Business marketing will be organized to educate the rural self-help groups and craftsmen.
• It is an initiative by the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) under the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) organized by the Council for Advancement of People’s Action and Rural Technology (CAPART).
• Objective: To bring the Rural women Self Help Groups(SHGs) under one platform so that they can showcase their skills, sell their products and help them build linkage with bulk buyers,
• Through participation in SARAS Aajeevika Mela, there rural SHG women will get vital national level exposure to understand the demand and taste of urban customers.