Syllabus section: Geography
Why in news?
The Tsar Icicle recently collapsed killing four tourists in Russia.
About Tsar Icicle
• The Vilyuchinsky waterfall in winter is called Tsar Icicle.
• The Vilyuchinsky waterfall lies in Kamchatka peninsula.
• It is home to more than one hundred and sixty volcanoes.
• Of these twenty-nine are still active.
• Many of these volcanoes are capped with glaciers.
• As these glaciers melt during warm weather, they form waterfalls.
• One such waterfall is the Vilyuchinsky waterfalls.
About Vilyuchinsk town
The Vilyuchinsk town is a closed town under Krai jurisdiction. The town served as a base for submarine construction.
Source: Indian express