SOURCE – PIB
GS PAPER- 2
The Central Vigilance Commission observes the Vigilance Awareness Week from 27th October to 2nd November, 2020.
The Vigilance Awareness Week is being observed from 27th October to 2nd November, 2020 with the theme, “à¤¸à¤¤à¤°à¥à¤à¤à¤¾à¤°à¤¤, à¤¸à¤®à¥à¤¦à¥à¤§à¤à¤¾à¤°à¤¤ – Satark Bharat, Samriddh Bharat (Vigilant India, Prosperous India).
• The Commission believes that corruption is a major hindrance to the progress of the nation.
• All sections of society need to be vigilant in order to uphold integrity in all aspects of our national life.
• The Commission desires that all organisations focus on internal (housekeeping) activities which are to be taken up in campaign mode as part of the Vigilance Awareness Week.
• This includes improvement of internal processes, time bound disposal of work and systemic improvements leveraging technology.
• Commission emphasises making all processes transparent including payment to outsourced workers, house allotments, updation and digitization of assets including land records, condemnation of old furniture and weeding out old records following prescribed procedures/ extant rules .
The Commission has requested all Central Government Ministries / Organizations to conduct activities relevant to the theme both within their organization, and outreach activities for public/citizens:
a. Use organizational website for dissemination of employees/ customer oriented information and to make available avenues for redressal of grievances.
b. Organisations to conduct various outreach activities for dissemination of anti-corruption message and stressing the necessity of vigilant India as essential for a prosperous India. Online modes to be extensively used.
c. Extensive use of social media platforms, bulk SMS/E-mail, Whatsapp, electronic and print media etc. for spreading awareness.