SYLLABUS SECTION: GS II (INTERNATION RELATIONS)
WHY IN THE NEWS?
As part of I2U2 initiatives, India, Israel, the US, and the UAE I2U2 next month will hold their first virtual summit in July 2022.
- The United States, India, Israel, and United Arab Emirates will form a new bloc called I2U2 during US President Joe Biden’s visit to West Asia.
- The quadrilateral I2U2 stands for “I” for India and Israel and “U” for the US and UAE.
- The leaders of the alliance are referr to as the West Asia Quad | INDIA ISRAEL US UAE ARE I2U2 SUMMIT NEXT MONTH.
- I2U2 was initially formed in October last year following the Abraham Accords between Israel and the UAE,
- To deal with issues concerning maritime security, infrastructure, and transport in the region.
- It will discuss the global food crisis, climate change, oil production, and the Yemen war among other areas of cooperation.
- India is a big consumer market as well as a massive producer of high-tech and highly sought-after goods.
- I2U2 countries can collaborate in various fields.
- Each of these countries is a technological hub.
- It will give an opportunity to discuss food security.
- India will get the advantage of the Abraham Accordsto to deepen engagement with Israel without risking its ties with the UAE and the other Arab states.
- It will help countries in building alliances — political alliances, and social alliances.
Read more: UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS
SOURCE: INDIAN EXPRESS