SYLLABUS SECTION: GS III (SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY)
WHY IN THE NEWS?
Recently, as a part of the Digital India Week celebrations, a three-day dedicated event titled ‘India Stack Knowledge Exchange’ program was organized.
- The India Stack Knowledge Exchange saw participation from 60 countries.
- India launched India Stack global – a single repository of all major projects on India Stack.
- India Stack. global will contribute towards the Global Digital Public Goods repository.
- India stack is a collection of open APIs and digital public goods which aims to unlock the economic primitives of identity, data, and payments at population scale.
- API stands for Application Programming Interface. As a software intermediary, API allows two applications to talk to each other.
- India Stack includes APIs of Aadhaar, (unified Payment Interface (UPI), Co-Win, Digi-Locker, Aarogya Setu, e-Sanjeevani, UMANG, DIKSHA, etc.
BENEFITS OF INDIASTACK
- It allows governments, businesses, Startups and developers to utilize digital Infrastructure to solve India’s hard problems towards presence-less, paperless, and cashless services.
- Efficiency, transparency and accountability in governance.
- Ease of Living by integrating and expanding access to digital services to all citizens.
- Promote Innovation to build products for financial inclusion, healthcare, education etc.
- Digital Public Goods are open-source software, open data, open AI models, open standards and open content that adhere to privacy and other applicable laws and best practices, do no harm, and help attain the Sustainable Development Goals.
Read more: UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS