ESSAY WRITING FOR UPSC MAINS
Talk with our Counsellors
Mr. Sumit Mandal
EDEN IAS conducts the Essay Writing Course for UPSC CSE Mains under the guidance of one of the best teachers for UPSC exam preparation, Tirthankar Roychowdhary Sir.
This course is a complete solution for Essay writing for UPSC Mains Examination.
As we know, Essay paper is something which needs a lot of practice, which can’t be gained overnight. This course has a lot of practice activity involved in it, with proper individual attention to every aspirant.
The course holistically covers each and every type of essay asked by the UPSC in the Essay paper, be it of dynamic nature, for example the theme being “Role of Education”, or be it a philosophical essay, based on some quote, a trend which is being recently followed by the Commission in the Essay paper.
The course consists of the followings: –
- 6 Classes (1 Guiding Class + 5 Essay Discussions) having duration of approx. 3 Hrs.
- 5 Sectional Tests.
- 2 Mock Tests.
- Essay Workbook.
The course is an amalgamation of Guiding class + Section wise practice sessions + Discussion sessions + Mock Test Series + Personalized Mentorship. The duration of the course will be around 2 months.
The detailed agenda of the course is as follows:-
Guiding class is going to start with your introduction to Essay writing in UPSC CSE Mains examination. It starts with the idea of explaining:-
- How is writing an essay for UPSC Mains different from a regular way of Essay writing in schools & colleges?
- What should be the approach & strategy to choose an Essay in UPSC Exam Paper as per your ability? ( Keeping previous year’s question papers of Essay in UPSC Exams as standard reference)
- How to formulate the structure of an Essay from the Introduction to Main Body of the Essay and the final conclusion, depending on the type of Essay.
- How to manage time, avoid redundancy & manage the flow of content of your Essay.
- Last but not least, the creativity related to the art of writing Essays for UPSC CSE Mains.
5 detailed essay sessions are conducted, covering different topics such as Philosophical topics, Social & Economic related topics, Geopolitical & Constitutional related topics, Science & Technology related topics and Environmental related topics.
These are a total of 5 Sectional Tests covering a diverse range of topics. The aspirants are expected to write both the essays which will be followed by a discussion session covering both the essays by Tirthankar Roychowdhary Sir. The areas to be covered as the syllabus of Essay writing are as follows:-
- Essay on Social Issues.
- Essay on Philosophical topics.
- Environmental Issues.
- Essay on Science & Technology related Issues.
- Essay on Economic Issues.
- Essay on International & Geo-Political Issues.
- Essay on Ethical Issues.
MOCK TEST SERIES
The course includes 2 Full Length Mock Tests, exactly on the similar pattern as that of the Essay paper of UPSC Mains examination.
The course also provides one to one mentorship session with the evaluators. Enrollers of this course can get personalised mentorship and can also get their doubts cleared with the evaluators.